Bio - Adria Di Maria

Allow me to introduce myself, Adria Di Maria, and the exciting world of Para-equestrian dressage, a sport which has been developing over the past 25 years. Athletes are classified according to their level of disability and compete on a national and international level. I contracted Polio in 1955, and as a result have significant weakness in both of my legs.

My goal is simple: I plan on being the best challenged rider I can be. This means being not only a member of our proud US Para-equestrian Team, but also a respected and contributing member of the community. As a Para-equestrian competitor, I hope to become an ambassador for the disabled athlete and to the world community in the specialty of Para Dressage at the Paralympics in 2012/ England.

Video

Tuesday, August 25, 2009


British riders clean up at Para equestrian champs
August 25, 2009


British riders had another great day at the FEI European and Open Para Equestrian Championships, taking home three gold medals, while Germany took the last two.
The event, at the Epona Riding Centre in Kristiansand, Norway, wrapped up on Sunday, and featured Freestyle to music..

Making sure the right Brits, are in the right place, with the right horse at any time is performance manager for the British team, David Hunter. He explains the reasons for some of their success: "If you're going to be successful as a team you've got to be knit together. We are lucky in England to have a system. Through the national lottery we have a funding towards the paralypic sports," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment