Bio - Adria Di Maria

Allow me to introduce myself, Adria Di Maria, and the exciting world of Para-equestrian dressage, a sport which has been developing over the past 25 years. Athletes are classified according to their level of disability and compete on a national and international level. I contracted Polio in 1955, and as a result have significant weakness in both of my legs.

My goal is simple: I plan on being the best challenged rider I can be. This means being not only a member of our proud US Para-equestrian Team, but also a respected and contributing member of the community. As a Para-equestrian competitor, I hope to become an ambassador for the disabled athlete and to the world community in the specialty of Para Dressage at the Paralympics in 2012/ England.

Video

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Well, Pan Pan and I had a nice relaxed ride today. One of the gals at the stable gave him a "fancy do "( an Indian tail braid...two braids and a loose strand...which is meant for a feature!) He loved the attention. Seriously considering attending the World Games/ Kentucky in October 6,7.8 of 2010 . It is the first time Para-equestrians have been included in this very prestigious event. It would be fun to watch the world's best para equestrians in action..... even if I'm not a contender. Maybe a group of us could all go. Give it some thought......

No comments:

Post a Comment